There are many ways to make this dosa and the below is my favorite. Watch out for more rava dosa variations in my forth coming posts.Pardon the pic, its looking dull.
Maida: 1/4 cup
Riceflour: 1 cup
Rava (sooji): 1/2cup
Salt: 1/2 tsp or according to taste.
Seasoning Ingredients (or tadka):
Mustard seeds: ¼ tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
Pepper: 1/4 tsp (optional)
Curry leaves: 1 string
Coriander leaves: Little bi, chopped coarsely
Onion:: 1 small, chopped finely
Green chili: 1 medium chopped (optional)
Ginger: 1 inch, finely chopped
Oil: 5 tbsp
- Mix all the fours and salt and add 2 cups of water. Mix and see if it needs more water. The batter should be very watery.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds. When they dance around add the cumin seeds and pepper.
- Now add ginger and curry leaves followed by green chili and onion.
- Fry until the onion in translucent and add coriander leaves.
- Stir for a few seconds and transfer this mixture into the batter and mix well.
- Heat a wide bottom roti/dosa pan. Take a ladle full of batter and pour on the sizzling hot pan.
- The batter spreads by itself because of its watery consistency.
- Add a few drops of oil around the edges of the dosa. When you see the dosa browning, gently turn it over or transfer directly into a plate.
- Serve this hot so that it is crisp, just the way it is supposed to be.