Moong Dal (Paasi Parrupu): 1/2 cup
Channa Dal( kadala parrupu/ Bengal gram): 1/2 cup
Toor Dal (Tuvaram parrupu/ split dal): 1 cup
Hing: 1/2 tsp
Jeera/Cumin: 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder: 2 tbsp (you can increase this to 3 tbsp also)
Pepper Powder: 2 tsp
Salt: according to taste
- Heat a pan and fry all the dals separately until they become light to golden brown.
- Keep the dals aside and while its still hot, add cumin and hing and mix well.
- Once the dals cool down, grind them until the desired consistency. I like mine slightly coarse.
- Now add salt, chili powder and pepper powder.
- Store in a air-tight container.
1. Hot rice and ghee with this powder.
2. Mix few drops of oil or ghee in this powder and use as a condiment for idly/dosa.