Friends, whom we can call close/best is a blessing and a privilege. I must say I am lucky in this respect. My best friend who happens to be a vegetarian, keeps asking me to try something "different" in pasta, veggie-version. She herself is a good cook (and the first follower of my cooking blog). So I started thinking of simple and basic ways of making bow-tie pasta recipes for her and finally managed to get the right one which is healthy and tasty too. I used Mushrooms as my main ingredient. After making pasta, I called her immediately with excitement and told her about it. But, much to our disappointment her husband is allergic to mushrooms! Now my quest still continues...
Until then, perhaps you all can enjoy this simple, 10 minutes dinner recipe.
Bow-tie pasta-2 cups (uncooked, I used whole wheat grain pasta)
Mushrooms: 1 cup
garlic: 1 tbsp, finely minced
basil: a few leaves if fresh but i used dried 1 tbsp (or any of your favorite herb)
rosemary: 1 tsp (or any of your favorite herb)
shredded almonds and pecans: 3 tbsp
Butter: 1 small cube
Dry white wine (cooking wine): 100 ml
Cheese: I used shredded Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Dry roast the shredded nuts and leave them aside (be careful not to burn them).
- Heat butter in a large pan and add the garlic and the herbs.
- When you start getting the aroma, add mushroom's and fry them for 1 minute.
- Now add wine and cook the mushrooms (should be done in 5 mins). Add a little salt.
- Wait until almost all the wine is absorbed and then add the cooked pasta and nuts and simmer for 2 minutes before switching off the stove. Quickly check if the salt is enough, else add just a little more.
- Transfer into a bowl and serve immediately on a warm plate. After serving the pasta on a plate, sprinkle the cheese generously.
This evening I am going to try slightly different version and add asparagus and peas too. I will post the picture with this variation later this evening.
My first award:
Thanks Suja for the beautiful award's. Indeed I am extremely happy and this first award will always remain close to my heart. I appreciate that you remembered to give this to me.
Most of you already have this award...so I am unable to share this with many people. So, I want to share this especially with Jagruti, Gouri, Invincible and with everyone in this space.
Below is one of my favorite picture we had taken last year on the way to Grand Canyon, Arizona.