Oh how I love this pickle!! I can have it anytime of the day with hot rice and a tsp of ghee...yummy!
Indian Cucumber (Dosakaya): 1
Mustard Powder: 3 tbsp:
Red Chili Powder: 3 tbsp (make it 4 more more spicy pickle)
Salt: 1 to 1/2 tbsp (stop at 1 1/2 tbsp, you can add later if you need more).
Sesame oil (til/nuvvulu/ellu): 4 to 5 tbsp
- Wash the cucumber and dry it. There should not be any water residue. Now, cut the cucumber in to half and remove the seeds. Now, chop them in to 1 inch cubes.
- Mix salt, chili and mustard powder in a separate bowl and add to the cucumber pieces. Mix well. Now add the spice mix to the cucumber pieces and mix well.
- Slowly add the oil to the cucumber pieces. The mixture should me slightly oily like shown below but not too much.
- Now, cover the bottle/bowl with a tight lid and leave it aside for about a day.
- The above picture shows how it is supposed to look like when it is freshly prepared. The first picture is how it looks like after a day when we can enjoy the pickle with hot rice, ghee and and mudda pappu (dal without tadka).