All purpose flour: 2 cups
Baking powder: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Cocoa powder(dark) :2 1/2 tbsp
Large eggs: 4
Sugar: 1 cup
Milk: 1 cup
Vegetable oil: 3/4cup
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
Almond extract: 1/8 tsp
Round cake pan, 9 inches
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside.
- In another big bowl, mix eggs and sugar well in such a way that sugar is almost melted and the mixture is lightly creamy.
- To the eggs mixture, add milk, oil, vanilla and almond extracts and mix well until everything is combined properly.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Measure just under 2 cups of the batter and transfer to another bowl. To this, add the cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk and mix well until combined.
- Now you have 1 bowl of plain batter and 1 bowl of cocoa batter.
- Line a 9-inch round cake pan with a circle of parchment paper and lightly grease the bottom and sides of the pan. I didn't have the paper, so I just greased the pan and I had some difficulty getting the cake out of the pan.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 D F.
- Pour in 3 tbsp of plain batter into the pan and let it spread a little. On top of that plain batter, add 3 tbsp of cocoa batter (use separate spoons).
- Alternate the spoonfuls until you exhaust all the batter.Take care while pouring in the batter, its easy to mess up (like I did the last layer).
- Bake for 38-40 minutes(please use a timer) in 350 D F preheated oven.
- Let the cake sit out for 10-15 minutes and you can remove from the pan and enjoy!