1. Take a microwavable bowl and put about 2 inches of water. Place the pumpkin pieces in into and cook in high heat for 20 minutes. Check after this if it is soft enough. If yes, take out the pieces, gently peel the skin off and dice/make a puree.
2. Steam the pumpkin until tender. You might want to peel the skin before you steam it.
Drain the water and let it dry in a big tray.
4. Baking the pieces in a pre-heated 450 D F oven for 40 minutes or until tender.
1. You can mash/grind/or cube the cooked pumpkin. Measure the pulp, label it before you transfer to the container for freezing. You can also use zip lock bags for freezing.
2. I stored in several small boxes so that it is easier to de-frost.
3. The day before you plan to cook pumpkin, just removed the bag/box from the freezer and leave it in fridge. It would be ready to be cooked by next morning. Or, simply defrost in the microwave.