Below measurements would serve 2 adults.
Cooked Rice: 2 cups
Spring Onion: 1 bunch, washed and chopped
Milk: 1 tbsp
Garlic pods: 3 chopped (if the pod is small, increase this to 5)
Freshly ground pepper powder: 1-2 tbsp
Soy Sauce: 3-4 tbsp (you can increase or decrease this according to your taste)
Olive oil: 1 tbsp(you can use regular oil also if you don't have olive oil)
Butter/oil: 1/2 tsp
- Take a small bowl and beat the egg and milk to together. In a wide bottomed pan heat a little butter (or oil) and pour in the mixture. Stir for a minute until the egg is almost cooked and remove from flame. Keep this separately in a plate.
- Heat olive olive oil in the same pan and add the garlic followed by chopped spring onions. You can use the stems also. Saute this until it turns soft.
- Add the cooked rice to this mixture and mix well.
- To this, add the soy sauce and freshly grounded pepper and mix well. Now check for salt. Since Soy sauce has salt in it, you wouldn't need to add anything extra. If you like your food a little salty (like me), you can add salt accordingly now.
- To this fried rice, add the scrambled egg and mix well.