Ridge Gourd: 2 medium sized
Green Chili: 3 (you can increase or decrease this)
Garlic: 3 cloves
Channa Dal: 1 tsp
Jeera: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: 1 string
Salt: according to taste
Oil: 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Hing: a pinch
- Wash and peal the ridge gourd. You can leave a little bit of skin if you like the texture to be slightly rough. Chop the veggie in to small 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan and add Channa dal, jeera and curry leaves.
- Stir and add garlic pods and green chilies. Fry for a minute.
- Now add the chopped ridge gourd to the above and cook without adding water. Stir once in a while.
- Once the veggie is cooked, remove from the stove and cool it.
- In a mixer grinder, blend the veggie until it is soft. Add salt.
- Now, in a little pan, heat oil and add everything under 'for tempering'.
- With hot rice and a tsp of ghee.
- With sambar rice.