This is one of my favorite recipes passed over by my Bihari friend.
- Mutton/Chicken-1 kg
- Ginger garlic paste-2tsp
- Onions-1big chopped
- Long green chillis- 2-3
- Lime juice-2tsp
- Fenugreek seeds, Cumin seeds--1/4tsp each
- Mustard seeds, Fennel (saunf), Kalonji-1/2tsp each
- Dry red chillis-7-10 (depends up spice level)
- Mustard oil/any oil-4tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds, saunf, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, kalonji & mustard seeds & coarsely grind them. The recipe calls for coarse mix but I fine grinded them so that the spices do not show up in the gravy later.
- Heat oil in a pan & fry onions till translucent, then add long green chillies, red chilies & half of the spice mix sauté for 1mt & keep aside.
- Add little more oil in the same pan, heat & add ginger garlic paste, meat & turmeric & sauté for 1mt.Then add curd, tomato, salt, little water & the remaining spice mix, cover & cook till the meat is almost tender.
- Now add the onion mixture, mix well & cook on medium flame for about 4-5mts.Stir in limejuice & garnish with cilantro leaves.