Long Beans: 1 lb
Grated coconut: 4 tbsp
Shallots: 4 or 1 small onion
Green chili chopped: 2
Dried red chili: 1
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 1 string
Salt: 1 tsp or according to taste
Oil: 1 tbsp
- Chop the beans in circles.
- Grind the onions, green chili and garlic. To this add the coconut and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they dance around, add the red chili, curry leaves followed by beans and salt.
- Fry the beans until they are cooked. This should take about 5-10 mins on medium flame.
- Add the ground onions mixture and stir for another couple of minutes.
- Serve warm.