Anyway, the below measurements would yield 1 pie which 2 adults can comfortably share. I am going to give the chicken and the veggie version too. Look at the bottom of recipe for vegetable version. I served this for dinner.
Cream of chicken : 1/2 can (or 5 oz, I used campbells)
Chicken broth: 3/8 cup ( 1/2+1/8 cup)
Pie shell: 1 shell and 1 crust to seal the pie (I used Pillsbury)
Frozen veggeis: 3/4 cup (thawed)
Chicken: 1 big breast (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
All purpose Flour (APF): 1 1/2 tbsp
Aluminum pie liner: 1
- Preheat the oven to 400 D F.
- Clean the chicken cubes and boil in hot water until cooked. Should take under 10 mins.Drain after cooking.
- Mix the APF with chicken broth. Then mix in the cream of chicken, veggies and cooked chicken chunks. The mixture would be somewhat thick.
- In a 9 inch pan or any oven safe dish, line in the aluminum pie liner. Place the pie shell in the liner and fill it with the mixture.
- Seal the shell with the top crust and make small vent-holes with a sharp knife for the steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 minutes and check if the crust is golden brown. If not, bake for another 5 mins.
Below is the picture I had taken near my front porch. The snow is melting and skies are blue. I just love looking at the icicles. Hope you liked it too.
Replace the cream of chicken with cream of vegetable and chicken broth with vegetable broth. Use additional veggies of 3/4 cup in place of chicken. The rest of the recipe and method is same.