This is one such recipe which I make when I am either falling short of veggeis or time. Either way, this pulao needs hardly 20 mins for 2 cups of rice.
Frozen veggies: 1 cup (mine had peas, corn, carrot and beans).
Basmati Rice: 2 cups
Ghee or dalda: 1 tbsp
Green Chili: 2 or 3, slit
Onion: 1 small, chopped
Salt: according to taste
Bay leaf (biryani patta): 1
Cinnamon: 1 inch piece
Fennel seeds (sounf): 1 tsp
- Wash the rice and keep aside
- Heat ghee in a pot and add everything under, 'for flavor'.
- Fry for a few seconds and add the green chili and onions.
- Once the onions are soft, add the mixed veggies and fry for couple of minutes.
- Now add rice and salt. Fry for a minute and add 3 and half cups of water.
- Cover the pot but make sure to stir it once in a while.
- Once the rice is cooked, serve with raita or any gravy.