My mom use to make fish kuzhambu and we used to have it with sambar and fish fry.
Akila's Dish name starting with F event.
Fish: 12 medium pieces (boneless so that its easier to eat)
Onion: 1 medium, chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Garlic Flakes: 7 large or 15 small
Chili powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
Curry leaves: 1 string
Fennel seeds: 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Tamarind paste: 2 tbsp soaked in 3 cups of water
Chilly powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice-1 teaspoon
Marinade the fish pieces with the above 4 ingredients and leave it it fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fennel and fenugreek seeds followed by curry leaves, garlic and onion.
- Fry them for 2 minutes and add tomato pieces and fry for 2 more mins and add tamarind water.
- Now add coriander powder and a little salt and get the gravy to boil and reduce the flame. After 10-12 minutes the gravy will reduce to half. (you can also add more chili powder at this stage for extra spicy curry).
- Gently add the fish pieces and increase the flame and cook for 5 mins or until the pieces are properly cooked.
- Check for salt and switch off the stove. Server after a couple of hours so that the juices are fully soaked into the fish pieces.