As you all know by now, I am a bit lazy by nature. So, these murukku recipe I am going to post is also the lazy-way but in no way compromises with the taste.Below ingredients serve 2 adults just fine. I am also sending this entry to Pari and Kaugiri's Festival only event.
Rice Flour: 2 cups
Black gram flour (urad dal flour): 2 tbps
Salt: according to taste
Butter (melted): 2-3 tsp
Asafetida: 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep fying
Murkku Achhu (to make murukku)
- Mix all the items together. Now start adding water little by little until you make a soft dough. Make sure the dough is not too hard or not too watery.
- Now, I had various shapes of murukku acchu with me. I used 1 batch each and made all the shapes. Just grease the murukku acchu with oil and put some dough into it. Shut the top par and squeese to form the required shape.
- If you are experienced like my mom, you can squeeze out any shape directly in oil. Else, you can grease a small square covers and make the shape on cover.
- Heat enough oil in a pan and when hot, gently remove the murukku from the cover to your hand to the oil.
- Fry till golden brown and dry them on a kitchen towel before transferring in to another container (with a tight lid)