Vermicelli: 1 cup (you will find this in any Indian grocery store)
Sabudana (Tapioca Pearls): 1/4 cup
Whole Milk: 2 cups
Water: 1 cup
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Dry fruits: 1/4 cup (I used raisins, cashew nuts, shredded almonds and unsalted pecans to make 1/4 cup)
Ghee (Clarified butter): 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of ghee in a wide bottom pan. Roast vermicelli until golden brown and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee and roast all the dry fruits together until aromatic and keep aside.
- Take another bowl (enough to hold 4 cups of liquid) and add the sabudana with a cup of water. Keep stirring.
- When the sabudana is 3/4 cooked, add vermicelli and another half cup of water.
- When Vermicelli is half cooked, add milk and sugar. Cook until milk boils once. By then vermicelli and sabudana would have been completely cooked.
- Check for sugar and add the cardamom powder and the dry fruits. Serve warm.