Crabs: cooked/frozen, 2 lb
Ginger & garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Coconut, grated/grinded- 3 tbsp
Onion- 1 large
Tomato- 1 large
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Tamarind paste- 1/2 tsp
Chili Powder- 1 tsp (use more for extra spice)
Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cilantro: hand full
Dry roast and fine grind the below
Fennel (saunf) - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
Cumin- 1/2 tsp
- I used frozen crabs, so this step was not necessary for me. But if you are using fresh crabs, I would suggest that you fry the crabs in a tbsp of oil with a little turmeric to get rid of the smell and keep these aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a dish. Add mustard seeds and when they pop, add the chopped onions and fry until translucent.Add ginger garlic paste and roast for a minute.
- Then add tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes cook. Now add the powder you have grinded, coriander powder, chili powder and salt.
- Now add the coconut paste and tamarind paste.
- Now add the crab and cook in medium flame. You can add a cup of water now.
- When it gets completely cooked, garnish with cilantro.