Friday, October 8, 2010

Prawns (Shrimp) Fry

Weekends are my favorite...I should make a correction; I like those weekends when I get to spend with my husband. Off late we have been going to cottage and there, all we do is relax! Isn't that great! So, in the evenings I make this yummy prawns fry which goes great with beer/wine, a game of cards and.., many more games of cards! If you are using froze prawns, it hardly takes 10 minutes to make this!

Prawns (fresh or frozen): 1 lb
Onion: 1, small, finely chopped
Tomato: 1 small, chopped
Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder: 1 tsp
Salt
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Fresh cilantro: handful

Method:
  • Heat oi in a pan and saute onions until translucent. 
  • Now add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Fry for a minute and add ginger & garlic paste.
  • Add tomatoes and cook them on medium flame.
  • At this point, add the prawns. If you are using frozen prawns, within 5 mins you can switch off the stove. If you are using fresh, sprinkle some water and cook until the prawns are well done. 
  • Switch off the stove and add garam masala and cilantro.

10 comments:

  1. Yummy prawns fry..looks super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love prawns whiever way they are cooked. This one looks very nice & easy .I wanna give it a try some time..
    Will let you know wen done ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to enjoy your weekend Madhu. Prawns, my fav and you make me yearn for a share...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for weekend!!
    Prawns look delicious..very nicely done!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply delicious..perfect with rice n roti...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! I am glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madhu,,thanks for ur wishes dear My Best wishes for ur baby dear..Prawns fry looks yummylicious me too do in the same way sure it will taste good with hot rasam rice.

    ReplyDelete